30 July 2008

Check out ALL the Breaking Tradition Sneak Peek posts!!!


We're Not Just Women, We are Moms
Jackie Lams


I've had a few requests on how to find all the blog posts I've done so far previewing the art quilts that are coming in for Breaking Traditions 2008.

You asked, I listened, and here ya go! :)

Follow these links and you can view each art quilt and its artist statement that I've featured here so far.

"A Mother's Voice" by Jeanelle McCall

"We're Not Just Women, We are Moms" by Jackie Lams

"Making the Mundane Beautiful" by Beth Shibley and "Robin Remembers" by Crane Johnson

"Safe Haven" by Judi Corrado and "Blue Dog with Red Bone" by Paula Page


All of the art quilts will be featured on my website once the exhibit is hung in September. I'm anxiously awaiting all the wonderful work I know is on the way as the deadline is approaching at the end of August. I will continue to include all the links to previous Sneak Peek posts as I do more so everyone can have an easy time finding them.

I've been VERY moved by the work I have received so far and I know everyone who sees it will be as well!!

And here are the details for everything again, there is still plenty of time to participate if you are interested!

Breaking Traditions
is an open call art quilt exhibit that debuts at The American Sewing Expo in Novi, Michigan in September. This year, the exhibit will travel to other venues during 2009. The theme this year, With One Voice, pays tribute to all the good that people do. We are also proud to team up with Virgina Spiegel's Fiberart for a Cause project to help raise money for the American Cancer Society! You can read all the details for participating in this year's exhibit here.

Together we can make a huge difference in the world!!!

1 comment:

Fannie said...

You're working extra hard, Lynn! Thanks for the links.