02 August 2007

Emancipet charity quilt



The fiber art group I belong to, Running with Scissors, decided to do a chairty quilt for Emancipet. Johanna's daughter works for them and they are having a chairty auction coming up soon. So the group decided, under the direction of Johanna and Gena, to put together what turned out to be one gigantic quilt! Each member did four blocks, Gena and Johanna assembled the quilt and then it was quilted by a longarm machine quilter.

I have to say that this has turned out beautifully! It will be sent out shortly and then we will just have to wait and see how much money it raises.

On a side note, I've managed to give myself a brainache again. I don't know what my deal is but I'm not sleeping well lately so I'm dragging myself around doing all the work I need to on very little energy. This weekend ought to help me sleep well - I'll be removing wallpaper with a steamer in 90 degree heat. Oh what joy.

I ended up dropping out of the MIQAI, just couldn't get it done in time. I tried my hardest and groveled to Mary about it and although she understands, I still feel like poo about it. I will do better next year!

August and September are filled with exhibit activity for me. I am co-curating an SAQA exhibit with Susan Sanborn North called "Balancing Act." It will hang at the Lawrence Street Gallery in Ferndale, MI beginning at the end of August. (More on that in another post.) Its been a lot of work so far but fun.

Plus the quilts are coming in for the exhibit I hang at the American Sewing Expo, "Breaking Traditions." What I have received so far is stunning and I think this year is going to be fantastic! (More on that in another post too.)

Maybe this is why I have a brainache. Too much stuff going on as usual. Its funny, I always think how nice it will be to just kick back and relax with nothing to do and then when it happens, I'm bored silly. I guess busy is the way to go! :)

No comments: