12 May 2013

where i stand sunday


My addiction to patterning fabric forces my eye towards considering the mundane everyday surface alterations that we are all accustomed to passing by. Lime yellow on a deep charcoal grey, the shine from the rain pushing the base color to different tones depending on where I stand. Random marks of circles and thin lines creating a secret message. It will be gone soon, removed by the wear of nature, as temporary as this spring season.






Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell. 

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Love these photos! The long shot is really striking and a good perspective exercise. Have a great day!

Regina B Dunn said...

Talk about great thermofax screens for background textures! BTW I hope to get back to you soon to order the ones we had communicated about a few weeks ago.