21 November 2011

new column for Quilting Arts - and YOU could be featured!






I am incredibly excited to make this announcement - I'm writing a column for Quilting Arts magazine in 2012 and YOU could be featured!

The column seeks to showcase fiber art groups from around the globe. Its goal is to highlight the strong sense of community in the fiber art world in the form of artist gatherings. It doesn't matter if you meet in person or online, if you are in the U.S. or international, if you have a hundred members or ten - I want to hear about you!

If you belong to a group and are interested in submitting, please send the following information to my dropbox:

1. What kind of fiber art does your group focus on?

2. What makes you unique from other fiber art groups?

3. List any activities or exercises that you think would be an interesting feature for the column.

Your answers to the above questions can be sent in the form of a word doc or a pdf. You may send up to five low resolution images with your submission. If you are chosen, high resolution photos will be requested. If you have a website, please include that link with your submission.

Please designate one person from your group as the contact for the submission.

There are a limited number of slots open for the column so please be sure to send all the above requested information with your submission. I'm always available for questions at FibraArtysta@earthlink.net  (please do not send your submissions to my email address, use the dropbox link above).

Please give me a few weeks to get back to you if you submit.

Thanks and look forward to meeting all of you! :)



4 comments:

Gisela Towner said...

Congratulations Lynn -- you totally ROCK!!!!

Lynda said...

Congrats! A column in QA - WOW!! Looking forward to reading it.

Deb Prewitt said...

How exciting! Can't wait.

wlstarn said...

I submitted info & photos, but it hung up on the last 4 seconds, and I left it hung up while I went off to work. Let me know if you did not receive my submission & I will try again. Thanks!